Thursday, August 19, 2010

ratified contract

We got a ratified contract on the sale of our house today. The house inspection is scheduled for this Sunday. I'll be working the Backstreet show on Sunday so I'll get a text message reporting on what the inspector is putting on his report. The list of pain in the ass things I'll have to repair, or pay for before the closing will break up my day nicely. But, the buyers have been very straight forward and professional so they might be less interested in nit picking and focus on just closing which is my hope. On Saturday I will go to Lowes to buy GFI receptacles for the three bathrooms in our 11-year old house that don't have them. That will be one less thing on the inspector's report.

Today at work we picked up our new Freightliner 26' box truck. When I say new, I mean new to us, it has 120k miles on the odometer, but as I'm told that is low mileage for a diesel truck. We went through the expense of having large aluminum lift gate installed, as well as the addition of two more rows of E-rail making a total of four rows. The frustration of rental trucks over the last two years caused me to spend thousands upon thousands of dollars to get a large and safe lift gate, and additional E-track so securing the loads won't require so much planning and effort. We still have to take the truck back to the dealer on Monday to put it in to get the box painted. They will have it for at least 4-days for this simple process.

I didn't have a camera with me today, but if I did I would have taken a photo of the gaff tape US DOT number that I have currently on both cab doors. The posting of a DOT number is required on all big trucks (yup, that is how the law reads, it says "big") and they don't care how it's on there, it just needs to be readable from a specific distance (20'?).




No comments:

Post a Comment