Wednesday, August 18, 2010

backstreet boys

Tonight was my grandmother's birthday cake event. While we where there we were talking about well water and she said that their system is filtered. It was mentioned that salt is used in the systems generally to soften the water and her response was, "I don't want to drink all those chemicals." "What about all the Diet Coke you drink," I said. "Well, I'll drink some chemicals if they're in Diet Coke." yeah, okay.

My short work day:
The 10:00 real estate meeting turned into the 10:30 meeting because there was rain. This isn't the first meeting where an agent has run late, but it's only thousands of dollars in commissions so why is it so important to be timely? I say that but I really like the agents we are working with and think they are doing a pro job, but the fees do get under my skin.

I ended up getting to work today a few minutes after noon which wasn't a big deal today as it was a very calm day. The weekend is busy with an event, but the prep for the event is mostly taking place on Thursday and Friday. Since we are now putting in an offer for a house there was a second meeting for more paper signing. That meeting was set for 4:30 today, so my work hours today were noon to four. Not my most efficient work day, but probably the shortest in a long time.

Our agent asked if we remembered to bring a checkbook to write the contract deposit and I said yes. We put our offer together so it can be sent to the seller's agent as soon as we have a ratified contract in hand. When it came time to write the check I was all ready to write the $1000. check (like we saw earlier this morning), and she was like, umm it's a $4500 check. Nope, not ready to write that check right now. Give me a day or two to transfer some money and move things around, choke. When we started this process 50+ days ago she did let us know that it's a 1% deposit generally, but I wasn't paying attention. (for those at home doing the quick math the price offering is 450k, it's just the offer, it only get's more expensive).



View of the front of the house from the street

Then we'll get to go through the negotiations back and forth, more time away from work. Fortunately the timing of these meetings is working out since it's August and it's slow. When we are planning to move will be a different story, it will be mayhem at work. In the meantime IF everything goes as planned and there are no hitches EVERYONE is getting paid for inspections and docs:

Septic Test
Well Test
Home Inspection
Radon Test
HOA Documents for buyers ($225 and it was a pdf download!!!!)

My upcoming work:
Since I've been light on comments and recently found out there are actual readers I'll throw in this tidbit to get some comments. We're providing concert lighting for Hanson and The Backstreet Boys this Sunday at Pier Six in Baltimore. Did you just read that, The Backstreet Boys, for real. When checking the web to get the link above I found out they have a Backstreet Boys cruise that is sold out. Did you get your tickets for the cruise?

1 comment: