Tuesday, August 17, 2010

first offer

Today we got an acceptable offer on the sale of our house. There is a meeting set for the morning with our Realtor to go over the details of the 40 page contract. Everything sounds good from what I'm hearing, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. I know two couples that have put in official offers via contract and flaked out on the purchase due to their own bad projections in one case and irresponsible banking behavior in the other case. I'm being realistically cautious, but I'm happy that we got a real offer none the less.

Moving on to another subject now. I've been doing some Summer reading and need to note the books I have completed in this here blog:

Road Show
by Neil Peart (the drummer from rock band Rush)
No Angel by Jay Dobyns (motorcycle, undercover cop, Hells Angels)
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk (yes, I did have to look up how to spell the last name. It's the guy who wrote Fight Club)

I'm looking for my next book but have not settled on it yet. Actually it was just decided that it will be Cat's Eye by Margret Atwood as this book is an in stock item in the house and I recall liking The Hand Maid's Tale and Oryx and Crake.

In stage lighting news I put in a purchase order today for Mac 350s. As far as I know they are the first LED profile fixtures on the market. We have needed a lower rental cost fixture replacement for our sold off Studio Spot 250s and 575s. In this case I'm glad that I waited for the LED fixtures to finally hit the market. I've been out of the "250" rental market for about two years waiting for this to happen. Since the Mac 350s are built on the SmartMac platform they will be inherently stable. We have had SmartMacs at a club install for over a year in a brutal environment and they have held up fairly well. Now we can do an all LED moving light show with Mac 350s and GLP Impressions and everything can be powered off of one or two circuits of 120 volts current, that's pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. A bit more scifi, but you could try Altered Carbon, or Perdido Street Station, or anything by Charlie Stross. Or, especially for you T.J. Stiles The First Tycoon.

    ReplyDelete