Thursday, August 5, 2010

Plane

This evening I rode the motorcycle, knowing it was most likely going to rain. While I rode down Dorsey road I was rewarded for my choice as I accelerated to drive right under a plane landing at BWI. The plane was about 125' overhead I'd estimate. Every now and then you can time the incoming planes and drive directly under their path and it's pretty amazing. It's the justification for having a convertible (which I don't) or driving a motorcycle when you just know it's going to rain before you get back home. If you care to check out the location and try it yourself it's the Thomas A. Dixon Jr. Aircraft Observation Area and park on Dorsey road. Since I currently live and work near BWI off of Dorsey road I have had the chance to view the undersides of the planes more often that most, I guess there is something I'm going to miss when we move our home this Summer/Fall.

Sorry no photo, can't really drive and snap a pic.

When I left to come back home I did get rained on, but it was light. The mild rain seemed to cool things down a great deal so that was a welcome trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment