Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Security Measures

We've all experienced the *new* *enhanced* Security measures in our daily life. Today I was greeted by ING's newest form of enhanced security when I logged on to see if 1099-INT forms were available for download. No tax forms available yet, BUT - please update your 4 digit pin to a 6-10 digit pin. Okay, I'll just repeat my four digit pin. Nope, not allowed. Alright, I'll repeat and change the last two digits, nope not allowed. What then! It's getting as bad as having the company just assign a pin to you! How is the general public supposed to remember their respective pins when everyone keeps changing the rules? Some don't require a capitol letter, some require the capitol letter, some require the capitol letter AND at least one number, but NO characters other than letters and numbers. When will an emoticon be required in the password - NOT at the beginning or end of the password, but somewhere in the middle of the 12-18 string of characters?

Can't Google, Apple, or Visa come up with an industry standard password format AND STICK TO IT? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who is frustrated with the ever changing virtual security.

No comments:

Post a Comment