Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Not much to report today come to think of it. Usually when I start typing I have something in mind, but today I really don't. It's like Seinfeld, a show about nothing. However I did get all of the tax filings finished today. I called the assigned auditor and made the audit appointment for next Monday at 9:30. I told the auditor that tomorrow worked for me, but Monday is the earliest available date. I'm ready to get this wild goose chase over with and expect another notice of audit in two years.

After work we went out for high priced beer night at Victoria in Columbia. The food at Victoria is always tasty, and the beer selection is always vast (but, quite expensive). We went because the wife likes the Belgium beers and it is Belgium beer week at Victoria and I can always find something non-Belgium to get me through. We ordered food and I was particular to order German potato salad as my side, not fries. When the food came to the table it was fries, but I reported the error and my potato salad was dropped off minutes later. However, the fries don't go back, they just sit there to remind you that you said you weren't eating fries for the month of January. Luckily we bumped into a friend and she ate some of the fries after being encouraged to do so. So far not eating fries or drinking soda has worked out, but it's the 5th of January so it's really not much of an accomplishment, just a start.

There is a 12th night party this Saturday that I'm attending, I look forward to it because not much happens in January, and I like Caroline, Andrew, Chris, and the crowd that comes to their parties. Alright, more later.

2 comments:

  1. Dan 'is this thing on' HJanuary 5, 2011 at 9:19 PM

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_common_misconceptions is not a bad place to start, for example, if you had to rent some RGB LED fixtures to a bullfighting arena, this might be good to know:

    Bulls are not enraged by the color red, used in capes by professional matadors. Cattle are red-green color-blind. It is not the color of the cape that angers the bull, but rather the movement of the fabric that irritates the bull and incites it to charge.

    Failing that, you could always go find something interesting to comment on in the comics, for example,
    http://xkcd.com/843/


    8=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We make sweet potato fries at home, baked not fried. They are delicious and good for you if you need a fix. We're hoping to score a baby sitter and hit the 12th night party too.

    ReplyDelete