Monday, December 6, 2010

Perils of Random

A story from this Summer when Uncle Dave and nephew John came to my work to discuss the purchase of a motorcycle for John. It was a slow day in the office and I was feeling festive so I set iTunes to random to mix thing up a bit from the constant rotation of Wolf Parade and Megadeth. Dave and John showed up mid-day unexpectedly, but it really didn't matter because things were calm, so I had the time for any distraction. The conversation was about what style of motorcycle John should buy so he wouldn't kill himself or get ripped off. The discussion lasted for about ten or so minutes and a customer came in that I needed to attend to. I told John and Dave to hang in my office for a few minutes and I'd be with them.

Josh comes back to me and says that my iTunes was playing some crazy music. Crazy music? What do you mean? He's like, something about "Black studs". Oh snap - the King Missile is playing their classic track that isn't Detachable Penis. I finish up with the customer and quickly get to my office to find the speakers muted. Good, they muted the speakers...

I finished up the conversation and they left. I looked at the iTunes random list and confirmed that the song in question by King Missile was Double Fucked by Two Black Studs.

A quick sample of the lyrics:
"...so I asked her if she had ever been double fucked by two black studs. And she didn't tell me, she just got up and left. So I figured she probably hadn't.
Chorus which plays the whole time: "Double fucked by two black studs in the back of Sophie's Bar."

1 comment:

  1. I love that story so much. Every time I hear the song, I cry real tears from laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete