Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two things

Technology is very advanced these days. We have GPS so we don't have to consult a map, phones that are powerful computers, you name it. So, why can't some of these modern day technologies be put to use in a gasoline pump. Here is my gripe, and tell me if I'm being greedy or not. When I pump my gas I need a receipt for book keeping, so I press the "yes I want receipt" option when I'm prompted at the start of the process after it ask for my billing zip code. So, when I turn off the pump by placing the nozzle back into its resting place it ends the pumping and should start the receipt printing. Why can I turn, tighten the gas cap, then stare at the pump for a good 8 - 10 seconds waiting for it to print the receipt. Are they using computer processors left over from the Atari 2600? I mean, why can't a simple single item receipt print faster than me putting on a gas cap?

Second thing. I was wondering who reads this blog and how much of a male reader base I have in particular. So the other thing that happened today that got me thinking was that I had a #2 at work today that broke the water line in the toilet! And we have commercial toilets, so this was quite impressive movement. That's all really, this blog has turned to toilet humor, and I'm okay with that. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. I actually sometimes hate that I have a GPS in my dash, it makes it too easy to not pay attention to my previously-honed sense of direction.

    I actually was irked by this receipt thing the other day. And all I'm thinking about the second thing was that thankfully it was at work! ;)

    ReplyDelete