Monday, March 8, 2010

Off they go

Last week I got the email from GearSource with the purchase order for the Technobeams I mentioned in the last blog post. That was quick. We tested the equipment in the shop finding a problem with one of the tilt motors, but that was a quick fix because we stock stepper motors for our High End Systems gear. I stayed late that night to pack up the lights and with the help of the forklift and a lot of shrink wrap I was able to stank and strap the skid for the next day shipment. They were purchased by the Branson Star Theatre in Branson, MO. Per the Branson.com website, "You may not have known that Branson has more theater seats than Broadway."

In other news from last week - we have received our new purchase of Impression LED moving head fixtures. When we set these up in the warehouse to test them out we were surprised at how bright and fast they actually were. I firmly believe these will be the hot item this year in rentals. Brighter, faster, lighter, smaller, and less power consumption will be quite a selling point. I'm looking forward to seeing their universal adoption as a replacement for Mac washes and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment